Giving to good causes is always worth doing.
If you want to dedicate some money to a worthy cause, we can help you.
Trusts make it possible to set aside money in a specific fund for a special purpose.
Of course, you could simply give your money to a charity. However, setting up your own trust means that you can exactly specify the purpose of your trust and you can control exactly what it does and how it operates. Such a trust can also reflect your contribution through the years by carrying your name.
Examples of purposes include:
- A sporting cup or scholarship
- An educational scholarship or prize
- Caring for disabled persons (including your own family members)
- Caring for animals (including your own animals following your death)
- Encouraging things that are important to you. If for example, you are a successful lion-tamer, you might establish a trust to award an annual prize to the Czech Republic’s best lion-tamer
- The restoration or preservation of a historical monument, building or church
- Building a concert hall
- Buying musical instruments for school children,
- etc., etc., – the possibilities are almost limitless.
This service is suitable not just for individuals, but also for non-governmental organisations, societies, and similar organisations.
Once your trust is in place, you can ‘open it’, allowing others who share your passion to contribute funds of their own.
Finally, there can be tax advantages associated with giving in this way rather than giving directly.
Most of our clients prefer us to keep the work we have done for them confidential, but not all.
The Czech Economics Society is one such exception. We worked with them to establish a fund in memory of the late Kateřina Šmídková, Director of Economic Research at the Czech National Bank and Professor of Economics at Charles University, who died after a long illness at the age of 46 years.
The Kateřina Šmídková Trust now provides a regular prize to encourage the work of female economists in the Czech Republic. We are very proud to have been involved in this important project.
If you would be interested in contributing to this very worthy cause, please contact us and we will put you in touch with the Economics Society